The HR and Legal Manager works with the Managing Director of Operations to administer employee health, welfare and retirement plans companywide. This position acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers to resolve benefits-related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. This position provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry) and ensures Company plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations. This position also assists with company-wide legal projects such as contract management and trademark administration.
Human Resources and Legal Manager Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with ADP HRIS system to administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Act as liaison between employer and employee to administer COBRA for the company.
- Conduct new-employee orientations at headquarters and facilitate orientations abroad as needed to ensure employees gain an understanding of company policies, benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Manage payroll maintenance at headquarters and for our global offices.
- Manage annual open enrollment. Arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for onsite representation by providers. Conduct employee presentations. Process changes within deadlines.
- Assist with planning
ofcompany-wide events, including annual strategic meeting planning, team building, and happy hours, to promote training and high employee morale.
- Manage annual performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate and assist with the ERISA benefits reporting requirements.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Act as a liason with various insurance carries as it relates to benefits and foster effective relationships with client representatives.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Perform recruitment activities, preliminary interview and evaluate candidates for select positions at headquarters. Maintain related records.
- Perform outreach to community sources for internship positions as needed.
- Work with Managing Director of Operations to ensure all company-wide contracts are compliant and critical deadlines are met.
- Assist with legal projects such as international and trademark strategy.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents as needed. Use electronic benefits portal (ADP and Share Point) and other vehicles to communicate information.
The CAIA Association is the world leader in alternative investment education, offering the only education program uniquely designed for individuals specializing in institutional-quality alternative investments. The Association is best known for the CAIA Charter, an internationally-recognized credential granted upon successful completion of a rigorous two-level exam series, combined with relevant work experience. Earning the CAIA Charter is the gateway to becoming a Member of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 9000 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries. CAIA also offers the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments Certificate Program ("Fundamentals"), an introductory-level online course, designed to provide a foundation in the core concepts in alternative investing. This program represents a natural extension of CAIA's mission to provide solutions to specific market needs for alternative investment education.
CAIA Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional a plus
- 5 – 7 years’ experience administering employee benefits, including health, welfare and 401(k).
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with HRIS and payroll systems.
- Experience handling legal contracts a plus.