The HR Generalist & Legal Assistant reports to the Managing Director of Operations. This position will be responsible for running our ADP TotalSource platform which includes payroll (time & labor management), health benefits, on and offboarding employees, and reporting. This position provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry) and ensures Company plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations, and well as co-administer our retirement plan. They will run the recruiting efforts for our US team. This position also assists with company-wide legal projects such as contract management and trademark administration. This position is Exempt for FLSA reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
• Administrator of ADP Total Source platform.
o Run bi-weekly payroll for US office
o Onboard and terminate employees in the system.
o Run reports
o Background screening
o Benefit open enrollment & changes
o PTO accruals
• Approve payroll for global offices.
o Perform recruitment activities, clean up job descriptions, set up a preliminary interview and evaluate candidates for select positions. Maintain related records.
o Perform outreach to community sources for internship positions as needed.
o New-employee orientations at headquarters and facilitate orientations abroad as needed
• Manages annual performance evaluation process including salary adjustments & bonuses.
• From time to time handle conflict resolution, referring difficult situations to the Managing Director of Operations.
o Work with Managing Director of Operations to ensure all company-wide contracts are compliant and critical deadlines are met.
o Assist with legal projects such as international and trademark strategy.
• Write, revise, edit and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
• 401k – Vanguard Retirement Administrator. Run the 401k committee, and general contact for 401k questions and changes.
• Other task as needed.
• Enthusiasm for and understanding of CAIA’s mission and stakeholders
• Self-starter, detailed oriented and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to handle highly confidential materials.
• Ability to learn on the job and follow detailed standard operating procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years relevant HR experience
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with key CAIA departments
• Technically savvy and familiar with tools such as Microsoft suite, including outlook, SharePoint, and one drive. Experience with ADP TotalSource Preferred.
• SHRM – CP or PHR certification a plus