The Project Manager of Exam Administration supports the CAIA Examination’s team in the development and delivery of CAIA exams. This position brings project management expertise with a focus on timeliness, quality, and security. The main aspects of the position include but are not limited to; coordinating internal and external item development, exam item review, exam database management, exam delivery through the test vendor, coordinating quality-control reviews, coordinating exam grading, and managing the post-exam process. The Project Manager of Exam Administration also leads the exam security activities, owns the master exam security plan, and manages all aspects of the exam outside of content. CAIA examinations represent a crucial aspect of the Association, and the Project Manager of Exam Administration is responsible for the delivery of error-free exams on time to our candidates. The position contributes directly to the main mission of the Examinations area and reports to the Director of Exams.
- Based on scheduled exam windows, develop and actively manage the schedule for item development and review, including providing task lists, coordinating meetings, and ensuring all deadlines within the schedule are met
- Support staff item developers with document flow, ensuring an editorially error-free exam
- Facilitate internal item review meetings
- Organize the exam database
- Organize teams of member volunteers to develop exam items
- Coordinate external reviews of items
- Manage and track overall item inventory
Exam Synthesis, Hand-off, and Quality Control
- Construct the exams from the completed items based on the Team’s item selections
- Manage the hand-off of exams to the test vendor using software tools
- Work with the vendor and exams team members to perform rigorous quality-control checks before the exams are delivered at test centers
Exam Delivery/Vendor relationship management
- Work with test delivery vendor to ensure the quality of the test delivery at testing centers across the globe
- Liaise with the test vendor to develop schedules, solve technical issues, and keep software up-to-date
- Work with CAIA Candidate Services with respect to testing sites and with the overall candidate experience.
- Plan semi-annual Grading Jamborees, including working with volunteer members and planning all aspects of the event.
- Handle post-grade-release inquiries from candidates.
Test Security Initiative
- Work with CAIA leadership, CAIA IT, test vendor, and other parties to develop a comprehensive test security strategy, seeking input from all interested parties, research the relevant issues, and generate a consensus on an exam security plan.
- Ensure test security at all turns by developing and enforcing internal security policies and framing all exam activities within secure environments.
Support of the Examinations Team
- Manage the Examination’s budget.
- Communicate with other CAIA departments regarding Exams team issues and initiatives.
- Create corporate communications (presentations, documentation), as needed.
- Liaison with CAIA IT Department.
- Write occasional blog posts and newsletter articles.
Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, or business administration and at least 5 years’ experience in project management
Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills
Strong communications skills
Strong organizational skills
Technical aptitude with data management tools and prior database experience
Strong writing skills
Ability to build consensus among multiple parties
Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision
Familiarity with data security issues
Position will work out of the HQ in Amherst, MA