This position provides high-level administrative and organizational support to the CAIA Association’s Senior Managing Director and is an important member of the Content team. This role is responsible for highly confidential and time sensitive material and operates with in a face-paced and multi-faceted environment. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills. 3+ years relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with 1-year experience is required. This position is based in Charlottesville, VA with flexibility to work remotely and some travel. This is a full time position and is Non- Exempt for FLSA reporting.
• Managing and serving as the primary contact for all client, manager and employee communications for the Senior Managing Director (i.e. phone calls, emails, calendar appointments and contact database)
• Managing various special projects throughout the association as directed by the Senior Managing Director including Global Asset Allocator Meetings and Content development
• Preparing meeting documents, presentations and various communications
• Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality in all areas of work
• Coordinating complex domestic and international travel arrangements (including flights, hotel reservations and ground transportation) and trip files
• Scheduling calendar commitments and meetings to maximize time-efficiency
• Completing expense reports and performing expense budget-tracking
• Additional responsibilities, as needed
Seeking a bright, experienced administrative professional with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. 3+ years relevant experience or Bachelors’ degree with 1-year experience is required. Ideal candidate is proactive, able to work independently within a fast-paced environment and possesses the ability to anticipate and/or identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. In addition, the ideal candidate would have a proven track record in the following areas:
• Maintaining the highest professional standards in all written and oral communications
• Building strong working relationships and interacting professionally with clients, vendors, colleagues and the general public
• Possessing a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Flexibility and a willingness to work extra hours and perform additional duties as needed
• Ability to learn how a business works with potential for promotion from within a rapidly expanding global organization
• Interest and/or familiarity with investment management and alternatives asset classes.
• This position is ideally based in Charlottesville, VA, with some flexibility to work remotely and periodic travel required.