Achieve a Higher Standard
Distinguish yourself with knowledge, expertise, and a clear career advantage – become a CAIA Charterholder. CAIA® is the globally-recognized credential for professionals allocating, managing, analyzing, distributing, or regulating alternative investments.
The CAIA Charter - The future of investment professionalism guided by the authority on alternative investment education.
Innovative Curriculum for Your Success
The CAIA Charter program consists of two exam levels. Included with your program registration at no additional cost, our official curriculum for each level is updated regularly to incorporate relevant and practical industry developments essential to earning your place in the Portfolio for the Future™.
The CAIA Curriculum.
Insights. Guidance. Client-First Ethos.
- Professional Standards and Ethics
- Introduction to Alternative Investments
- Real Assets
- Private Securities
- Hedge Funds
- Structured Products
- Emerging Topics
- Ethics, Regulation, and ESG
- Institutional Asset Owners and Investment Policies
- Risk and Risk Management
- Methods for Alternative Investing
- Accessing Alternative Investments
- Due Diligence and Selecting Strategies
- Volatility and Complex Strategies
Having an expertise in "mainstream" assets such as listed equity or bonds is no longer enough to bring added value to our clients. Earning the CAIA Charter was a real boost to my career. And I adore belonging to this community because everyone makes themselves available to help Members in many ways.
Gain the knowledge and strategies you need to build future-focused portfolios.
Our curriculum is constantly updated to keep our candidates at the forefront of industry trends.
The choice is yours - you can take the CAIA exam in person, or via online proctoring.
As a CAIA Charterholder, you’ll understand how to:
- Cultivate a Transparent and Client-Centered Ethos
- Start with Purpose-Driven Portfolio Building Blocks
- Diagnose Your Client’s Values and Embed Tailored Sustainability Factors
- Treat Liquidity as a Feature Rather Than a Benefit
- Identify and Capitalize on Your Firm’s Edge
- Invest with Integrity and Allocate to True Partners
The CAIA Charter
Earn the only credential that enables building diversified, future-focused portfolios.