Do you have a colleague or peer who deserves a chance to compete for a full CAIA Scholarship? The CAIA Foundation is accepting applications through March 31 for ten 2012 scholarships for women preparing to take the Level I CAIA exam in September 2012. Winners receive waivers of enrollment and exam registration fees, free curriculum readings, preparatory program support, and upon successfully completing the program, a waiver of the first year of CAIA membership dues.
The CAIA Foundation, established in 2011 to increase knowledge and talent in the alternative investment field, has partnered with 100 Women in Hedge Funds to bring women who are investment professionals with an ambition to focus on portfolio management into the CAIA program. With support from PAAMCO, 100 Women in Hedge Funds has underwritten 50 full scholarships to be granted through 2015.
Our first class of awardees (see news release and list of winners, below), who entered the CAIA Program in May 2011, come to CAIA from all over the world and represent the best in the industry.
- Annette Cazenave, Executive Vice President, R.J. O'Brien Alternative Asset Management, USA
- Indre Dargyte, Associate, Laven Partners, UK
- Kacy Gambles, Investment Management Specialist, Wells Fargo, USA
- Deanna Ingram, Public Markets Portfolio Manager, Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund, USA
- Katherine Kaminski, Senior Investment Research Analyst, RPM Risk & Portfolio Management, Sweden
- Alana Mee-Hyoe Koo, Analyst, Singapore
- Akanksha Rawat, Senior Analyst, DeutscheBank, India
- Kaoutar Sbiyaa, Analyst, Rothschild & Cie Gestion, France
- McKenzie Slaughter, President/CEO, Beyond Capital Markets, USA
- Tenke Zoltani, Investment Manager, Islan Asset Management, Switzerland
PAAMCO, 100 Women in Hedge Funds, and CAIA Association share the aim to encourage and advance women with the skills and determination to shape the alternative investment field for years to come. The CAIA Program provides the tool set necessary for mastery of the core and advanced concepts needed to succeed in the growing, rapidly-changing world of AI. CAIA’s revised and updated curriculum readings, to be introduced in April 2012, represent the state of the art in comprehensive preparation for success in the field and make studying easier than ever.
To apply for a Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be full members of 100 Women in Hedge Funds
- Submit answers to three essay questions
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an online application form
A panel of CAIA members and Foundation staff will review applications and recommend the strongest for selection, to be announced in May.
Please share news of this opportunity with someone you know who has potential to join the newest class of 100 Women in Hedge Funds/CAIA Scholars!
By Tom Porter, President, CAIA Foundation