1. Your personal information is important to us.
CAIAA respects the importance of your privacy. You have a right to make your own choices about how your personal information is collected and used. We know that when you provide personal information to us, you are showing your trust in us, and we take that seriously. Unless you consent otherwise, CAIAA will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
2. Collecting information about you.
Except as stated below, CAIAA will not collect or monitor any additional personal information about you without your consent:
- We collect information when you enter your personal information on the Website and contact us by email and by phone—for example, when creating an account, enrolling in the program, registering to take qualification examinations, scheduling your exam appointment through Pearson VUE (our global test provider), participating in the optional Sample Exam, completing the optional Candidate Survey, and opting in to the online CAIA Community Directory.
- We collect information during the scoring and/or reporting of your CAIA exam results.
- If you register for an exam on the Website, we may also collect information on how you use the site in order to improve our website services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact and/or collect information via cookies (see below).
The only personal information a cookie can contain is information that you supply yourself. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you disable cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of the Website’s services. For example, we will not be able to personalize the Website each time you visit.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information.
The purpose of collecting information about you is to
- provide you with information that may interest you;
- allow you to create an online account, enroll in the program, or register for qualification examinations;
- provide you with accurate information regarding your purchase history, eligibility for program scholarships and/or discounts, and exam performance;
- facilitate your professional networking; and
- communicate effectively with you.
CAIAA will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless
- it is required by law or to comply with a court or administrative order;
- we believe it necessary to fulfill the above purposes or to otherwise provide you with a service that you have requested or that may interest you;
- it will protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another CAIAA user, any member of the public, or CAIAA.
In addition, CAIAA may provide your name and charter status upon a third party's request. Names of individuals who are current charter holders also may be made available to the general public.
In order to operate the Website, fulfill the purposes set out above, or otherwise deliver a service, we may sometimes share your personal information with a service provider or a company affiliated with CAIAA, contractually or otherwise. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies without your consent.
5. When we will contact you.
We may contact you at the e-mail or other address that you provide to us in order to
- provide you with updated information about the Website;
- provide you with other information about your candidacy or future examinations; and
- inform you of member benefits, including but not limited to upcoming events of interest and available discounts.
If you are receiving information about CAIAA and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by e-mailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
6. You can access the information we keep about you.
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, please access your CAIA Account Profile.
7. Changing the information we have about you.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please update your CAIA Account Profile. It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your Account Profile.
8. Deleting the information we have about you or stopping any further advertising material.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, except for that information we need to keep for legal reasons.
9.Storage and security of your personal information.
At CAIAA, we try to do everything reasonable to keep secure any information that we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also continually endeavor to improve our security safeguards. Since no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we do not promise that the information you provide to us will always be totally secure. CAIAA disclaims any responsibility for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
Please note also that CAIAA or its service providers may use overseas facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change our commitment to safeguard your privacy.
10. CAIAA and links to other websites.
11. Children’s Online Privacy Protection.
The Website is directed at an adult market and is therefore intended for use by adults only. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Website by users under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
A known child user will be restricted from providing personal information until such consent is received. No information collected from users known to be under age 13 will be used for any marketing or promotional purposes outside CAIAA. If CAIAA collects personally identifiable information from children, it will only do so in compliance with rules established by the Federal Trade Commission under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (16 C.F.R. §312 et seq).
12. What to do if you have a problem or question.
May 18, 2015