The first certificate program available on UniFi by CAIA™, the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments® offers a foundation of core concepts in alternative investments and fills a critical education gap when you need to understand the ever-changing landscape of alternative investments.
A self-paced, 20-hour, online certificate program, Fundamentals of Alternative Investments® provides you, or your team, a base knowledge of alternative investments. As a certificate holder, you will be prepared to comprehend, discuss, and position these asset classes with your client. The Fundamentals of Alternative Investments® certificate program is recommended for:
- Wealth managers, financial planners, and consultants
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Administration/operations professionals
- Lawyers, legal counsel, and compliance professionals
- Journalists and media professionals
Why Fundamentals of Alternative Investments®?
In the pursuit of diversification and seeking better outcomes for the end investor, new instruments and asset classes are making portfolio construction more complex. The Fundamentals of Alternative Investments® certificate program is:
- Accessible: Presented in an engaging, conversational video format
- Flexible: 20 one-hour modules online, plus 3 bonus modules (Liquid Alts, Private Credit, and ESG Investing)
- Assessable: A quiz requiring 70% proficiency at the end of each module confirms your understanding
- Practical: Created and taught by CAIA’s alternative investment experts
- Comprehensive: Your guide to the core concepts in alternative investments
Learn at your own pace by finishing the certificate program within a year and earn continuing education hours for the CIMA®, CIMC®, CPWA®, NASBA and CFP® designations.
What does it cover?
The curriculum covers the basics of private equity, hedge funds, real assets, and structured products, as well as an overview of important portfolio construction, risk management, and due diligence concepts. See the description of all 20 (plus 3 bonus) modules. Beyond Fundamentals of Alternative Investments®, you may choose to continue developing your competencies across a broader set of investment opportunities with UniFi by CAIA™.
Individual course registration is $895. Corporate group rates and student rates (PDF) are also available. Enroll online today, or get in touch or view the frequently asked questions. Paid participants of the Fundamentals program may wish to deepen their knowledge of alternatives with the CAIA Charter program and will receive a $500 discount off their Level I exam - find out more here (PDF).