Are you a problem solver who wants to learn about the needs of a global organization, gather data, analyze trends, and can bring creative data-driven solutions to life? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and jump into a concept? Do you see yourself as a future leader and product owner who sweats the details and can work side-by-side with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams? We are looking for you!
The CMR Team @ CAIA
The Candidate and Member Relations (CMR) team serves a key role in the journey of our global community as they obtain their CAIA Charter: We support Candidates taking the CAIA exams and we engage with our global Members.
Our primary role is to respond to all incoming emails and phone calls from our global constituents. Additionally, we administer and work on a series of ongoing strategic initiatives to ensure our Candidates and Members have an experience with CAIA that reflects the stature of the brand, propels the mission of the organization, and underscores the value of the designation. This position reports to the Director of Candidate & Member Relations.
Position Overview and Projects you might be working on:
This position will provide the opportunity to gain professional experience in Customer Lifecycle Management, from direct engagement with our global community to diving into data-driven projects.
- General Responsibilities:
- Review LinkedIn profiles of CAIA lapsed Members to identify policy violations.
- Create and update marketing metrics reports, where needed create a slide deck that ‘tells the story’.
- Collaborate on developing sound and resonating presentations for a global audience.
- Support the team with various CAIA Association’s global community-related content and communication projects, including authoring and reviewing messaging.
- Co-Manage the content calendar to drive goals and objectives.
- Collect and analyze data of Members and candidates.
- Assist with day-to-day responsibilities of the CMR team.
- Innovate and explore functions of the CAIA Career Center.
- Complete projects that will ultimately help the CAIA Global community.
- You are considered a full member of the CMR team and will be expected to participate in team meetings and team collaboration activities.
An internship is created to learn new tools, so it is not necessary to be proficient in any of our current tools, but it helps if you are inquisitive, not afraid of data, and eager to learn. You will experience what it is like to be a valued member of a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, and work on day-to-day projects as well as larger communication campaigns in support of the association’s key goals and objectives. We would love to be part of your career path and help build your resume!
Some of the tools you will be working with include:
- Microsoft Office applications such as SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams are at the heart of our organization.
- Microsoft Planner, Smartsheet, and the Robin App help us (and you) stay organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially using Excel and/or manipulating large and diverse data sets.
- Experience or exposure to modeling in a BI tool (Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc) is helpful but not required.
- Excellent attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Ability to consistently follow up using existing procedures and processes.
- Interest in marketing and communications.
- Enormous plus if you are familiar with digital marketing and digital marketing campaigns.
- Super plus if you dig ‘data’.
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively both in person and virtually.
- Positive, customer-focused approach and attitude.
- Sense of humor.
- Previous work experience is a plus but not required.
- Ability to think critically about projects that affect CAIA Globally, but also for individual Members.
- Clear communication with CAIA Leadership and Managers, team members, and customers.
- Analytical, problem-solving skills, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to databases, particularly customer relationship management software a plus.
- Experience working/studying abroad and/or being multilingual is a plus.
- Excitement with marketing and/or digital analytics.
- Student interested in gaining hands-on work experience in a fast-paced global organization.
- Maximum 20 hours per week
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively.
About CAIA Association
The CAIA Association, a global professional body, pioneers a new era in investment management. At the forefront of the shifting of alternative investment asset classes from 'alternative' to mainstream, CAIA embraces diverse expertise and interdisciplinary knowledge essential for responsible capital allocation and client stewardship. A Member-driven organization representing professionals in more than 100 countries, the organization seeks to prepare investors for a dynamic future, disrupting traditions, creating opportunities, and fostering long-term sustainability. To learn more about the CAIA Association and how to become part of a professional network that is shaping the future of investing, please visit https://caia.org/.