The CAIA Association’s Controller is responsible for the successful execution of all financial functions of the business. CAIA is a global professional body dedicated to creating greater alignment, transparency, and knowledge for all investors, with a specific emphasis on alternative investments. A member-driven organization representing professionals in more than 95 countries, CAIA advocates for the highest ethical standards. The Controller is part of a small, dynamic, strategic leadership team and ensures continued financial health, transparency, and compliance as CAIA continues to grow. The Controller reports to the Managing Director of Global Operations and works closely with the CEO and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting data within the organization and its’ five international entities
- Assist management with financial decisions by providing data analysis, forecasts, and reports to understand the financial state of the business
- Provide timely support of colleagues’ financial management of projects/programs and produce necessary information and analysis to management, the Treasurer and Board of Directors; participate in CAIA Board of Directors Audit Committee meetings
- Manage organization’s annual audit process and tax filings, including liaising with international entities, banks, and accounting firms
- Oversee monthly financial analysis, general ledger account reconciliation and preparation of financial reports in conformance to US GAAP
- Manage the organization’s budget process and perform “budget to actual” analyses
- Oversee financial aspect of the total compensation process, i.e. payroll, retirement, health insurance
- Work in consultation with senior management and coordinate investment activities
- Create and maintain accounting schedules (deferred revenue, capitalized assets, inventory, etc.)
- Manage relations/interface with international banks, accountants, payroll and benefits administrators, software, and others
- Manage international tax strategy, including VAT
- Responsible for creation and oversight of finance policies and procedures, manuals, and related documentation.
- Provide leadership and oversight to small accounting team by recruiting, coaching, and managing performance expectations
- Deliver other projects, assignments and other as defined/required