CAIA’s IT Director is responsible for overseeing our IT department, including Network Administration, Database Management, IT Help Desk, and System Application support and to ensure that all IT activities are aligned with the objectives of the organization. The IT Director will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of IT, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance critical organizational services and operations for internal and external users.
The IT Director will work closely with all department directors to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Strong analytical business skills, technical competence, communication, organization, and leadership skills are a must.
- Management / Leadership
- Provide strong vision, strategy, and direction for IT based on a thorough understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Develop and manage IT team to ensure operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are developed, maintained, and consistently followed
- Promote a culture of can-do attitudes, responsiveness, and service quality
- Proactively maintain and communicate relevant technology information to leaders and stakeholders including project updates, planned system changes, and service desk request status
- Ensure staff receive appropriate training to effectively use supported technology
- Handle staff performance issues directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual
- Effectively cultivate and maintain relationships to manage execution using influence to drive behavior and results
- Manage vendor relations to ensure all selected vendors are providing superior service and support in a cost-effective manner
- Develop and manage IT operating and capital budgets
- Manage/implement financial and resourcing processes to ensure optimal efficient/effective/productive use of technology and resources
- Insure proper functionality and implementation of technology systems/processes
- Demonstrate understanding of application architecture and all system integration interfaces
- Ensure that any deployment processes are fully documented and compliant with all operational requirements for the application/system
- Ensure that operational and systems documentation are updated to include system maintenance/update changes
- Ensure that system maintenance/updates adhere to security standards
- Ensure compliance with established laws/regulations/requirements that apply to IT
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a solid understanding and technical knowledge of the current software applications used to operate the organization, network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Provide IT project management oversight whether a project is internally staffed or managed via third party, and ensure the projects are delivered within scope, timeline, and budget constraints
- Manage the development, design/architecture, installation, analysis, and on-going improvement of the information technology infrastructure to maintain security, performance, scalability, and reliability of CAIA’s entire IT environment
- Work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and to translate these into technology solutions that are then incorporated into technology project plans
- Ensure highly reliable and available infrastructure (software applications, telecommunications, etc.) to support CAIA’s current and future needs
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of security systems, servers, IT Operations applications, networks, and the service desk
- Develop internal metrics to measure the performance and availability of the network, servers, and system applications and to make all necessary improvements to ensure the organization’s needs are being met
- Develop and test disaster recovery, business continuity, and cyber security plans.
Experience and Education
- 7+ years of broad IT experience with strong emphasis on infrastructure, applications development, and operations
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience, including experience leading IT functions including service desk, database administration, and network administration.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent level of education and experience in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study preferred
- 3+ years or experience managing and/or directing an IT operation
- Experience designing and managing SaaS, Cloud, and Hosted environments a plus
- PMP or equivalent a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience in IT strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
- Proven experience in application and infrastructure support, configuration, and release management in a 24x7 environment
- Proficient knowledge of ERP, Association Management Software systems, or CRM
- Software systems
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
About the CAIA Association
The CAIA Association is the world leader in alternative investment education, offering the only education program uniquely designed for individuals specializing in institutional-quality alternative investments. The Association is best known for the CAIA Charter, an internationally-recognized credential granted upon successful completion of a rigorous two-level exam series, combined with relevant work experience. Earning the CAIA Charter is the gateway to becoming a Member of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 8,700 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries. CAIA also offers the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments Certificate Program (”Fundamentals”), an introductory-level online course, designed to provide a foundation in the core concepts in alternative investing. This program represents a natural extension of CAIA’s mission to provide solutions to specific market needs for alternative investment education.
CAIA Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).