The Financial Data Professional Institute (FDPI) was established by the CAIA Association to address the growing need in finance for a workforce that has the skills to perform in a digitized world where an increasing number of decisions will be data and analytics driven. The FDP Credential is the first of its kind in the industry and reflects expertise in data science and its practical applications in finance.
Are you a problem solver who wants to learn about the needs of a growing business and can bring creative solutions to life? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and jump into a concept? Do you see yourself as a future leader and product owner who sweats the details and can work side-by-side with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams? We are looking for you!
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will provide the opportunity to gain professional experience in social media and content marketing as a member of the Financial Data Professional Institute.
An internship is created to learn new tools, so it is not necessary to be proficient in any of our current tools, but it helps if you are inquisitive and eager to learn. You will experience what it is like to be a valued member of a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, and work on day-to-day projects as well as larger communication campaigns in support of the institution’s key goals and objectives. We would love to be part of your career path and help build your resume!
Some of the tools you will be working with include:
- Microsoft Office applications such as SharePoint, Outlook and Teams are at the heart of our organization.
- Microsoft Planner and Smartsheet help us (and you) stay organized.
- We use Adobe Spark to create social media, InDesign is also available if that is your preferred design tool.
- We convert our Zoom webinars to VIMEO for our global audience. Knowledge of either or both is helpful.
- WildApricot is our website platform and our Candidate Membership Management software.
- Qualtrics is what we use for all our surveys.
- Social Media
- Drafting copy and developing assets for FDP Institute social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, others you will be building)
- Developing content to support social media output.
- Uploading your developed material to social media scheduling tool(s)
- Developing creative ideas for social media campaigns and content.
- Help the team stay up to date with social media trends and updates.
- Co-Manage the content calendar to drive goals and objectives.
- Create and update marketing metrics reports and create a slide deck that ‘tells the story’.
- Co-lead our global webinars team.
We believe in the power of diverse voices and value the differences among us. Despite more attention being given to the need for greater diversity in the financial services sector, progress continues to be slow. CAIA Association seeks to make the investment industry more reflective of the global society in which we live through education, advocacy, and intentional actions.
CAIA Association recently launched a DEI initiative, which included the formation of an independent Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Council, a new scholarship program, and other activities. We seek a summer intern who is energized by the idea of supporting the organization’s DEI initiatives.
The intern will work with the Global Head of DEI and with the Chapter Relations team on a range of projects, including:
- Researching, collecting, and synthesizing industry information and data on DEI
- Organizing/categorizing an inventory of diverse speakers from previous CAIA events
- Supporting benchmarking and data projects around DEI
- Identifying DEI champions in the investment industry
- Supporting the implementation of DEI scholarship programs
- Assisting with other activities of the DEI Advisory Council
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to DEI
- Approaches projects in a collaborative, focused, curious way
- Self-starter who can work well within a team but also drive projects forward independently when needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in finance a plus
- Undergraduate student interested in gaining hands-on work experience in fast-paced global finance organization
- Availability to work 15-25 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- We are committed to building a culturally diverse team. We welcome applicants who are multilingual. Women, those under-represented in the finance industry, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This will be a remote position with the possibility of occasional travel to CAIA’s Amherst, MA office.
For full consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter.Apply Now
The successful CRA will support CAIA Association Candidates globally and be an excellent ambassador for the CAIA brand through ongoing communications to achieve the goals of maximizing candidate success, member acquisition and member retention as well as being able to assist with administrative program management.
This position requires a consummate professional and confident individual who enjoys supporting a highly diverse customer base. We seek a CRA who is energetic, empathic, with excellent interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving abilities, as well as excellent communication (written and oral), and customer service phone skills. It is also imperative that the CRA exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling confidential information. The CRA must be a collaborative, positive team player, with the proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain composed under pressure.
This position will be based in the UK or Switzerland and may be a remote or hybrid (remote/office) position. The CRA will be part of the Candidate and Member Relations team and will report to the Senior Candidate Relations Manager, located in the United States.
- Customer service duties (phone and email) to support CAIA Candidates and CAIA Members will include:
- Accept customer calls and provide accurate, timely and thorough answers to queries and concerns in a highly professional manner.
- Guide callers through troubleshooting and navigating the CAIA website.
- Verify, review and correct information in the Association Management System (NetFORUM).
- Review customer or client accounts, providing updates and information about invoicing.
- Track all phone calls in the Customer Relationship Management System (Salesforce).
- Expertly troubleshoot and solve Candidate issues related to CAIA Exam registration and scheduling, utilizing multiple vendor databases, including CAIA’s Association Management System (AMR), NetFORUM.
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support.
- Collaborate with other team members to improve customer service.
- Support the administration and management of various CMR programs.
- Generate and distribute bi-weekly reports for CAIA Preparatory Providers during the exam registration period.
- Interface with CAIA Preparatory Provider to request updates for CAIA website such as logos and links.
- Support the administration of regulator program management and scholarship processing.
- Assist with creation, maintenance, documentation, and implementation of Candidate and Member Relations standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the development of new projects and initiatives.
- Process new and renewal membership records.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the mission and goals of the CAIA Association.
- Occasional international travel expected (post-COVID).
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experience; OR 2 years of work experience in a customer service role
- Ability to work independently and remotely. (Management will be in the US.)
- Willingness to work non-standard hours and to attend calls/meetings beyond the local business day.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and work productively in establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- Strong service orientation that demonstrates excellent detail-oriented and customer-focused problem solving.
- Proven competence with word processing (Microsoft Office), electronic calendars, and central data systems. Proven ability to effectively complete tasks and manage time.
- Professional demeanor and pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to exercise extreme discretion and judgment in matters of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Strategic, flexible thinker who easily adapts to shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn new software/processes.
- Previous customer service, relationship and/or account management a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the CAIA organization.
- Familiarity with NetFORUM, other AMS and Salesforce or another CRM system.
- Experience with Associations and/or the Finance Industry.
For full consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter.Apply Now