The Data Analyst position will use their advanced knowledge of the database and technologies to analyze CAIA Data, with a goal of identifying significant data trends seeking opportunities to improve CAIA’s Data and Reporting to achieve CAIA Association’s growth initiatives and goals.
The data analyst serves as a gatekeeper for CAIA’s data so stakeholders can understand data and use it to make strategic business decisions. It is a technical role that requires an understanding the concepts of analytics, statistics and mathematical modeling and principles.
- Designs and implements advanced processes and analytics associated with a wide variety of data sets used for data/text mining, analysis, and prediction to enable informed business decisions.
- Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying highly technical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources.
- Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management.
- Uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, basic modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision making.
- Routinely presents conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Designs and maintains databases: this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources and organizing data in a format that can be easily read by non-technical audience.
- Using statistical tools and methodologies to interpret data, identify trends and patterns that could be valuable for predictive modeling efforts
- Demonstrate the significance of data-driven decision making, in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both organization and Alternative investments industry.
- Prepare reporting for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Collaborate with internal programmers, CMR, and organization leaders to identify opportunities for analyses and develop policies for data governance.
- Strong experience with reporting
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Proven analytical experience similar to
- Python, R
- Power BI
- Familiarity with general database concepts (relational data, tables, views, foreign keys, etc.)
- Good Critical thinking
- Excellent Written and verbal communication
- Ability to execute with limited supervision
- Ability to solve complex problems with creative thinking
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics, statistics, or finance.
- Two years of professional relevant is preferred.
- Ability to represent relevant information to leadership team
- Organized and detailed-oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior work experience at non- profit organization
- Coursework or working experience in analytics or statistics
- Prior work experience with quantitative data management and analysis
- Proven ability to design and generate reports using standard graphing and reporting tools spreadsheets and statistical tools
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and/or large datasets and translate them for use in graphic or interactive visualizations for the web and other media
- Ability to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in datasets.
This position is hybrid (Amherst office)/ remote.Apply Now
Purpose and Scope
CAIA Association’s Accounts Payable is responsible for assisting the Finance and Operations Departments. Reporting to the Director of Finance.
The Accounts Payable is responsible for:
- Complete monthly corporate credit card statement reconciliation.
- Receive invoices and submit for approval to appropriate budget owners.
- Process invoices in accounts payable software.
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements in accordance with company policy.
- Pay vendor and employee reimbursements in accordance with aging schedule.
- Ensure proper approvals and vendor banking details prior to payment.
- Manage wire transfer, electronic payment process, and payment portals.
- Maintain AP files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Store vendor W9 forms and process annual 1099/1096 filings.
Financial Systems Management:
- Manage expense and payable software (Certify)
- Onboard and train new employees on accounts payable software and accounting system.
- Provide ongoing support for employee inquires, system issues, and ad hoc training.
- Maintain the organization’s financial reports:
- Create new financial reports upon request.
- Update reports for budget, accounts, and structure changes.
- Manage company dashboards
- Troubleshoot configuration issues with the corporate credit card integration, financial reporting, and user accounts.
Additional Projects and Procedures:
- Monthly intercompany file submission to international accounting partners and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist in the organizations budget process, analyze budget to actual variance reports and participate in monthly budget manager meetings.
- Support the annual audit.
- Department liaison with Operations and IT.
This position reports directly to Director of Finance.
This position requires a highly organized, extremely detail-oriented individual at ease with multi-tasking and adhering to deadlines, possessing excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills. Individual must be comfortable working collaboratively with the ability to adapt and prioritize effectively. Prior experience in a non-profit and/or membership-based organization is a plus. Proficient in the use of Intacct and Net-forum (AMS) a plus. The ideal candidate thrives within a fast-growing company and is a positive change agent adding organizational structure as we continue to grow. Must be able to lift 15 pounds from time-to-time. Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer. Intermediate Excel and Power Point; prefer experience with Sage Intacct or similar accounting ERP systems. Intermediate skills with Word and Outlook.
A minimum of 1 year’s relevant work experience in administration, finance, and operations is required. This position is normally based in Amherst, MA.
The CAIA Association is the world leader in alternative investment education, offering the only education program uniquely designed for individuals specializing in institutional-quality alternative investments. The Association is best known for the CAIA Charter, an internationally recognized credential granted upon successful completion of a rigorous two-level exam series, combined with relevant work experience. Earning the CAIA Charter is the gateway to becoming a Member of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 9000 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries. CAIA also offers the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments Certificate Program (“Fundamentals”), an introductory-level online course, designed to provide a foundation in the core concepts in alternative investing. This program represents a natural extension of CAIA’s mission to provide solutions to specific market needs for alternative investment education.Apply Now
The CAIA Association supports Chapters located in financial centers around the world that are dedicated to organizing hundreds of educational and networking events for the local CAIA community and raising awareness of the CAIA brand. Our Chapters help Members expand their networks and keep abreast of trends and new developments in the alternative investment industry. The Chapter Relations intern will support the strategic objectives of the Chapter Relations team in planning and executing events in the Americas. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Chapter Relations.
- Manage CAIA Chapter email inboxes as necessary
- Prepare, ship and track materials for various CAIA events as necessary
- Provide support in proofreading and editing materials as needed
- Create event invitations and additional correspondence
- Provide support on additional administrative tasks as needed
- Support benchmarking and data projects around DEI
- Approaches projects in a collaborative, focused, curious way
- Self-starter who can work well within a team but also drive projects forward independently when needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in finance a plus
- Undergraduate student interested in gaining hands-on work experience in fast-paced global finance organization
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
CAIA is committed to building a diverse workforce and maintains a policy of equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information.Apply Now