The CAIA Association supports Chapters located in financial centers around the world that are dedicated to organizing hundreds of educational and networking events for the local CAIA community and raising awareness of the CAIA brand. Our Chapters help Members expand their networks and keep abreast of trends and new developments in the alternative investment industry. The Chapter Relations intern will support the strategic objectives of the Chapter Relations team in planning and executing events in the Americas. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Chapter Relations.
The Chapter Relations intern will also have an opportunity to work with our Diversity Equity and Inclusions team to support CAIA Association’s recently launched DEI initiative, which included the formation of an independent Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Council, a new scholarship program, and other activities.
- Manage CAIA Chapter email inboxes as necessary
- Prepare, ship and track materials for various CAIA events as necessary
- Provide support in proofreading and editing materials as needed create event invitations
- Support efforts to launch new Chapters
- Provide support on additional administrative tasks as needed
- Participate in departmental meetings and conference calls with Chapter committees
- Support benchmarking and data projects around DEI
- Identify DEI champions in the investment industry
- Assist with other activities of the DEI Advisory Council
- Approaches projects in a collaborative, focused, curious way
- Self-starter who can work well within a team but also drive projects forward independently when needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in finance a plus
- Undergraduate student interested in gaining hands-on work experience in fast-paced global finance organization
- Availability to work 15-25 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- We are committed to building a culturally diverse team. We welcome applicants who are multilingual. Women, those under-represented in the finance industry, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
CAIA is committed to building a diverse workforce and maintains a policy of equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information.Apply Now
The Financial Data Professional Institute (FDPI) was established by the CAIA Association to address the growing need in finance for a workforce that has the skills to perform in a digitized world where an increasing number of decisions will be data and analytics driven. The FDP Credential is the first of its kind in the industry and reflects expertise in data science and its practical applications in finance.
Are you a problem solver who wants to learn about the needs of a growing business and can bring creative solutions to life? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and jump into a concept? Do you see yourself as a future leader and product owner who sweats the details and can work side-by-side with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams? We are looking for you!
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will provide the opportunity to gain professional experience in social media and content marketing as a member of the Financial Data Professional Institute.
An internship is created to learn new tools, so it is not necessary to be proficient in any of our current tools, but it helps if you are inquisitive and eager to learn. You will experience what it is like to be a valued member of a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, and work on day-to-day projects as well as larger communication campaigns in support of the institution’s key goals and objectives. We would love to be part of your career path and help build your resume!
Some of the tools you will be working with include:
- Microsoft Office applications such as SharePoint, Outlook and Teams are at the heart of our organization.
- Microsoft Planner and Smartsheet help us (and you) stay organized.
- We use Adobe Spark to create social media, InDesign is also available if that is your preferred design tool.
- We convert our Zoom webinars to VIMEO for our global audience. Knowledge of either or both is helpful.
- WildApricot is our website platform and our Candidate Membership Management software.
- Qualtrics is what we use for all our surveys.
- Social Media
- Drafting copy and developing assets for FDP Institute social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, others you will be building)
- Developing content to support social media output.
- Uploading your developed material to social media scheduling tool(s)
- Developing creative ideas for social media campaigns and content.
- Help the team stay up to date with social media trends and updates.
- Co-Manage the content calendar to drive goals and objectives.
- Create and update marketing metrics reports and create a slide deck that ‘tells the story’.
- Co-lead our global webinars team.