The CAIA Association is the global authority in alternative investment education. Best known for the CAIA Charter, an internationally recognized finance credential and gateway to a network of almost 12,000 CAIA Members who are leaders in their fields.
CAIA Association is seeking a Communications and Marketing Associate. The individual filling this role will play a significant role in a multi-channel marketing operation to assist in meeting common goals for the organization. The Associate will work both independently and collaboratively while providing communications, marketing and logistical data support to the Marketing and Events team, working to inform and improve the quality, consistency, and overall support of CAIA’s global efforts. This position will report directly to the Digital Project Manager, work closely with the Digital Marketing Associate, and also provides support for the Director of Marketing and HQ Marketing team as needed. This position is a hyrbid role (remote & in-office) with a need to regularly access the Amherst office for ongoing shipping/event support.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Event Administration (live/virtual)
Virtual Event Promotion
- Manage brand templates for global team in Zoom, track event participation stats, execute promotion via email and social channels, and set up events (and recordings) for exposure on CAIA.org website;
- Provide elementary video editing production for upload to video channels (Vimeo/YouTube) and website; Occasional audio editing as well;
- Track event progress and communicate progress to Digital Project Manager.
- Provide backup for Zoom event production – introductions, recording, coordinating with panelists to run events.
- Provide backup and support to Digital Marketing / Events Associate with shipping materials, booths, and banners.
- Acting as editorial coordinator for the CAIA Member News – working in concert with Candidate / Member Relations and Curriculum – includes implementation and distribution of newsletter
- Serve as backup to social media consultants for creating, editing, and posting across all social channels.
- Provide proofreading and some editorial support for email and other communications.
- Recognize and ensure language aligns with CAIA brand
- Provide back up for social media posting; email content creation and execution; and website content maintenance.
- Use of critical Microsoft Excel skills to provide Digital Project Manager with support for managing and filtering marketing lists and interpreting data from internal databases as well as social media analytics, Google analytic, and Zoom.
The successful Communications and Marketing Associate will have the following:
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced, multi-faceted marketing environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field preferred;
- A high attention to detail and organization;
- Experience and expertise with professional communications/interactions;
- Proven success in management of competing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, as well as proofreading;
- A good understanding of and adherence to quality control processes;
- Ability to take on new challenges with excitement and curiosity while maintaining a consistent, positive attitude;
- Exposure to Zoom, Video editing, and databases preferred;
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel; comfort or exposure to Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, Social Media feeds and scheduling platforms.
For full consideration, please submit a resume & cover letter.Apply Now
The Financial Data Professional Institute (FDPI) was established by the CAIA Association to address the growing need in finance for a workforce that has the skills to perform in a digitized world where an increasing number of decisions will be data and analytics driven. The FDP Credential is the first of its kind in the industry and reflects expertise in data science and its practical applications in finance.
Are you a problem solver who wants to learn about the needs of a growing business and can bring creative solutions to life? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and jump into a concept? Do you see yourself as a future leader and product owner who sweats the details and can work side-by-side with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams? We are looking for you!
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will provide the opportunity to gain professional experience in social media and content marketing as a member of the Financial Data Professional Institute.
An internship is created to learn new tools, so it is not necessary to be proficient in any of our current tools, but it helps if you are inquisitive and eager to learn. You will experience what it is like to be a valued member of a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, and work on day-to-day projects as well as larger communication campaigns in support of the institution’s key goals and objectives. We would love to be part of your career path and help build your resume!
Some of the tools you will be working with include:
- Microsoft Office applications such as SharePoint, Outlook and Teams are at the heart of our organization.
- Microsoft Planner and Smartsheet help us (and you) stay organized.
- We use Adobe Spark to create social media, InDesign is also available if that is your preferred design tool.
- We convert our Zoom webinars to VIMEO for our global audience. Knowledge of either or both is helpful.
- WildApricot is our website platform and our Candidate Membership Management software.
- Qualtrics is what we use for all our surveys.
- Social Media
- Drafting copy and developing assets for FDP Institute social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, others you will be building)
- Developing content to support social media output.
- Uploading your developed material to social media scheduling tool(s)
- Developing creative ideas for social media campaigns and content.
- Help the team stay up to date with social media trends and updates.
- Co-Manage the content calendar to drive goals and objectives.
- Create and update marketing metrics reports and create a slide deck that ‘tells the story’.
- Co-lead our global webinars team.