We're pleased to provide some key highlights from the paper, along with some additional learning resources curated by our global content team.
- Tokenisation approaches have vast potential for addressing the challenges related to investment in illiquid asset classes, with advantages including:
- improved liquidity
- faster, cheaper transactions
- greater transparency
- broadened access to more investors
While increased liquidity should be generally beneficial, the industry and its regulators must continue to ensure that investors are equipped to understand the quality and risks inherent in each tokenised investment.
- Tokenisation could increase access to Alternative Investments for a wider group of investors. It also presents an opportunity to unlock retail assets as an important source of capital to meet financing gaps of meaningful projects (such as infrastructure) in private markets.
For more on our partnership and approach, please read our press release.
The Future of Tokenisation in Alternative Investments
Watch a replay of our webinar, which discusses key findings from the paper, featuring CAIA’s Joanne Murphy, Managing Director of APAC Industry Relations, and Jack Wu, CFA, Director of Content in Asia Pacific, along with Emmanuelle Pecenicic, Digital Transformation Manager at BNP Paribas Asset Management, and Adrian Lai, CEO at Liquefy.
Watch the webinar
CAIA Curriculum on Related Topics
- Level II, Current and Integrated Topics: Blockchain and Financial Market Innovation (Requires CAIA Account Login)
Related Content from CAIA Publications