We're pleased to provide some key highlights from the paper, along with some additional learning resources curated by our global content team.
- Tokenisation approaches have vast potential for addressing the challenges related to investment in illiquid asset classes, with advantages including:
- improved liquidity
- faster, cheaper transactions
- greater transparency
- broadened access to more investors
While increased liquidity should be generally beneficial, the industry and its regulators must continue to ensure that investors are equipped to understand the quality and risks inherent in each tokenised investment.
- Tokenisation could increase access to Alternative Investments for a wider group of investors. It also presents an opportunity to unlock retail assets as an important source of capital to meet financing gaps of meaningful projects (such as infrastructure) in private markets.
For more on our partnership and approach, please read our press release.
Understanding the Implications
- The Future of Tokenisation in Alternative Investments (Panel Discussion)
- Exploring the Potential Tokenisation in Alternative Investments (All About Alpha)
- Level II, Current and Integrated Topics: Blockchain and Financial Market Innovation by Rebecca Lewis, John McPartland, and Rajeev Ranjan
- What Is DeFi? (All About Alpha)
- Decentralized Finance: On Blockchain- and Smart Contract-based Financial Markets by Fabian Schär
- Investing in NFTs: Why It Matters (All About Alpha)
Understanding the Applications
- Tokenization: Investment Applications and Technological Considerations (Panel Discussion)
- With Tokenization, the Time Has Come for Evergreen Funds (All About Alpha)
- What the OCCs Letter Means for PASTOs (All About Alpha)